The 2016 Laser Additive Manufacturing Workshop is taking place on March 2 and 3 in Orlando, Florida, at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South.
This year’s Laser Additive Manufacturing Workshop—LAM® is packed with a variety of educational sessions, keynote presentations and networking events where you can learn and discuss the latest advances in the laser technology industry. LAM® will feature discussions around several AM applications, including: laser cladding, process monitoring, 3D printing software and more.
LAM® is March 2, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and March 3, 2016, from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Presentations will cover a variety of topics, including:
- Developments in additive manufacturing equipment.
- New alternatives to laser additive manufacturing.
- The criteria needed to select the correct additive process.
- How to bridge the gap between research and application.
- Monitoring processing and ensuring consistent results.
photo courtesy of Matthew Paulson
While it remains synonymous with the tourism and hospitality industry, Orlando, Florida, is an up-and-coming science and technology hub with many well-known engineering firms calling central Florida home. This reputation is boosted by the University of Central Florida—a renowned center of research and innovation that has made national headlines for its use of 3D printing technology.