As the international society dedicated to meeting the growing demand for continuous laser safety training, LIA is proud to offer a variety of coursework designed specifically for the medical community.
We know how hard it is for medical professionals to find time for additional training. Our coursework is both convenient and flexible, allowing you to learn how to implement a laser safety program in a medical facility from the comfort of your home or office.
Learn more about our medical laser safety training offerings on our website, or see below for an overview of our medical courses:
Are you a medical laser safety officer at your facility?
Then the Medical Laser Safety Officer Training - Online is for you.
Much of what is covered in the MLSO training can be implemented immediately at your facility and includes:
- Review of laser physics and tissue interactions
- Overview of the laser safety standards from ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care
- Discovery of the effects and characteristics of different laser wavelengths on tissue
- Examination of the current treatment modalities with lasers
- Outline of traditional LSO responsibilities in a medical facility
- Review of the laser hazard classification system
This course is also available in a traditional classroom format. Learn more here.
Do you occasionally work with or around laser technology, or do you need to train your staff on laser safety fundamentals?
Then you should consider taking our Medical Laser Safety Awareness Training - Online.
This training is not as extensive as the Medical Laser Safety Officer Training, but provides medical personnel with the fundamentals of laser safety in an effort to prevent accidents involving laser technology, including:
- ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care
- Regulations and consensus standards that apply in a medical setting
- Perioperative laser safety procedures
- Laser eye protection
- Beam and non-beam hazards
The Medical Laser Safety Awareness Training is also great for MLSOs who need to educate their staff on laser safety, as LIA can help you enroll multiple employees in the same course at once.
Are you a physician that uses laser technology in a surgical environment?
Take a look at our Physicians Laser Safety Training - Online.
As a physician, your laser safety concerns are unique. This course is specific to operating a laser in a surgical environment, and includes:
- Determining nominal hazard zones and laser treatment controlled areas
- Defining a health care laser system and identifying risks
- Understanding laser regulations and safety standards
- Basic laser terminology and administrative controls
Does your facility use a CO2 laser?
Consider taking CO2 Medical Laser Safety Training - Online.
As the use of CO2 lasers has expanded into routine clinical applications and many surgical specialities, LIA has create a laser safety course specific to the use of this type of laser.
This course includes:
- Study of the laser biophysics and tissue interactions specifically for the CO2 laser
- Review of the ANSI Z136.3 Safe Use of Lasers in Health Care Facilities and the Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses
- Review of the effects and characteristics of CO2 laser wavelengths on tissue
- Discussion on the operations of a CO2 laser delivery system
- Recommended practices for CO2 laser applications
Does your staff need hands-on assistance with laser safety?
LIA offers a variety of in-house training options, including a full day of hands-on training and demonstrations.